Skip to content
December 31, 2013 / marvinhawkins

Last Update of 2013

Hi Again.

I took a break from this project because of classes. During my break, I’ve been getting back into the swing of things. Lately I’ve been working on the enemy placement. Instead of placing things with a trigger that the player has to get close to, I’m trying to work things out via a timer. So far it seems a lot smoother. I’ve been told that I need to vary the enemy encounters. In the first level, there were only 2 types of enemies. In most games, I notice that they throw 3 enemy types to you at a time. In some of my favorite games, they also introduce at least 6 enemies per level. In 2014 I need to come up with some new enemy types because I only have 6 in the whole game. I originally thought that it was better to introduce enemies slowly. This proved to be a bit boring. The good news is I have a ton of design ideas sketched out. The bad news, now I need to model and code the new baddies.

Latest Demo here: 
I also decided I need to step up my marketing efforts. I’ve finally figured out how to do those snazzy animated GIFs that everyone keeps posting. I’m hoping that showing more pictures will help catch people’s eye. Here’s my first attempt. Huzzah it appears to be working!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: